Monday, August 10, 2009

Le weekend

I registered to take part in the square foot show at the AWOL gallery... and the deadline for submission was this Saturday. So Friday night had me working on trying to transfer a photocopy to a canvas, without screwing it up too badly. I worked on it 'til two in the morning, and then woke up on Saturday and kept working. Unfortunately, things didn't quite work out according to my perfectionist liking, but I finished it up and dropped it off that afternoon. Good enough.
Leah went out of town on Saturday, to hang out with some high-school friends. I had brunch with Brad, and he walked down to the gallery with me.
That evening I was kinda bored - and walked to the Annex. I bought a falafel sandwich and a coffee, and looked through CDs and records at Sonic Boom. Their store window displays are always amazing - and the Dinosaur Jr one at the moment is maybe my favourite ever!
On Sunday we went grocery shopping. After church we went to Rice Bar with the Germans (Robby and Tirza). We were on the patio when the most wicked lightning storm rolled in. Over the course of the evening, I got a crazy headache. We ended up getting a cab home and I went straight to bed.

No comments: