Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Weekender

The rundown...
Friday night we went to JFL for dinner, and then to the Freedomize coffee house...
Saturday I went to Bradley's to work on his thesis project for a bit. Afterwards I went with Leah to a Presbyterian youth gathering in Etobicoke. This was the first in a continuing series of youth services organized by Andrew Rennie and some district Presbytery that has realized that young people don't go to church anymore. The FT band supplied the music, the Presbyterians provided the pizza...
That night we went to Lee's Palace to see Basia Bulat. She and her band are fresh off of a US tour, and it is very evident in how much tighter they are. She seemed delighted to be playing to a very enthusiastic crowd - and it must have been a great thing to come home to. There was also a guest appearance by the Mecija sisters, who sang backup on the first song.
Sunday - Leah and the FT band played music at an Anglican church in High Park. I did laundry... and skipped both the Anglican church service, and the evening FT service. I ended up going for a walk, purchasing the live Mark Kozelek album, and renting A Scanner Darkly (which was average).
Yesterday I had a pretty sweet headache, so I didn't go to work. I slept on the couch all day.

No comments: