Monday, July 11, 2005

New Site

So this is my new blog site. UtterEast is restructuring / possibly destructuring, so blogspot it is.

Not much to report. It's been a week since I fell off of my bike. For those who don't know, a pedestrian stepped out from behind a parked car, without looking to see me coming (at a fairly high speed). I tried to go around her, assuming she would keep walking across the street; she looked up, stopped walking, stepped back... anyway - I hit her.

So, the front wheel of my bike is quite bent, not to mention my right shoulder and my left knee! I also hit the right side of my head on the road. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I think it involved going over the front of my bike and basically landing on my head and shoulder. I can only imagine what might have happened were I not wearing a helmet.

Anyway - the girl that I hit seemed OK, although I'm sure she must have a couple of bruises here and there. I was amazed at how relatively unhurt I was, although a couple of nasty bruises surfaced over the next day or two. I still have a pretty nasty one on the back of my left thigh, where I think my bike landed on me. I also had a bit of a bruise on my head, and my shoulder turned a sort of dirty yellow colour.

Anyway - I should be getting a new wheel from a guy at church some time this week. I am a little nervous, but I think I will be back into riding to work and back pretty soon. I thought I was pretty careful before, but I'm sure I will find ways to be much more so once I'm back on the road!

No comments: